Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Last Hurrah

This post is going to be a flagrant violation of my adversity to self-praise but here we go. I will try to keep this short and sweet but since when was that possible when self-adulation and grades were concerned? This will nevertheless be an attempt at braving the odds.

1) Typically, my proudest moment of blogging isn't my soundest. It happened when I taught myself how to embed swf videos into a blog post- which isn't exactly rocket science but still an accomplishment for my usual 'only Youtube' style. Also I should think there is no greater pride than finding out something for oneself, is there?

2) I've also discovered the wonders of StumbleUpon which has dismayed many a prof who have found me stifling giggles during classes. Very naughty of me but oh, how it has fed my unexplained predilection for funny cat videos, pandas and strange sex stories. On a less inappropriate note it has hopefully contributed to my readership here as I have audaciously StumbleUpon-ed myself on my main page and on several individual posts. I consider that another of my finest moments as a blogger.

3) Twitter has been another outlet for this newly embraced exhibitionist side of me. I am one of those who for no rhyme or reason, records insignificant nuggets of information about my life every other hour. To be honest, while Twitter may be a great tool for sharing information, it's also extremely functional for casual bloggers who have contracted Facebook's 'what are you thinking' bug. Moreover I believe my friends would be more interested in tweets on last night's shenanigans than practical newscasts. But to each his own! Twitter serves the masses. Despite my fandom, I must point out that the most recent anti-Twitter viral video is brilliant. Watch this mockumentary by SlateV: Flutter.



Sorry to interrupt my flowing prose, but I couldn't resist posting that.

4) Readership is over 600 after less than 3 months of blogging, averaging 12 per day. Well, according to Blogcounter at least. Here's some evidence for the unbelieving reader. I didn't fake the numbers - I don't know how to!

5) Finally, I think I've managed to complete this requirement by fulfilling my penchant for less traditional talking-points, stimulating some conversation, doing some creative writing that isn't for once, confined to a Word document or an online forum and airing my views while at it. I've always been techy to some extent- learning the ins and outs of html was tedious but fed my OCD when it came to centralizing a webpage, so this was fun. I'm glad I learned along the way, whether the lessons had to do with my topic of choice or with social media in general. It has been an interesting ride, from weird food/animals to hyper breast implants and getting publicity from my World Wide Rave post. Hopefully I haven't offended anyone too seriously with the occasional raunchy and snarky undertones in my posts but even if I have, thanks for contributing to the numbers anyway. For those who found this entertaining, good on you for your sense of humour and passion for e-curios.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA i wonder who told u about flutter? what a genius once again! if this message were to be "flutterized" than it would read.... I TOLD U FLUTTER WAS GENIUS!....... video is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, thanks! it's hilarious- esp the part about 'flaps' which is like 'birds twittering'?!?!!? he said it with such a straight face it was amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks For Sharing This Blog, And If You are looking for Book Online Flight & Bus Tickets You can contact With SuperbMyTrip Is the leading website in India where you can get wonderful offer and discount on the Flight or Bus Tickets as well as you can get Holiday Packages at very cheap price

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Information, keep sharing such blog posts. I also have an important source to share with you all. If you are planning to study in europe , you can call us on +91 9654187866 or directly visit our website- Superb Study Abroad

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter